Motorway Intensive Driving Course
Motorway Intensive Driving Course from Worcester Intensive Driving Courses
Motorways are extremely useful for travelling long distances quickly and efficiently.
A network of motorways circles the West Midlands, so quite often it can also be useful to just travel 1 or 2 junctions even on local journeys.
Statistically motorways are extremely safe, but, with the high speeds used, when something does go wrong it can be very serious.
Motorway driving is different from urban driving:
- Speeds are obviously much higher
- Stopping distances are much longer
- The little ‘dot’ that you see in your mirrors, could sometimes catch you in seconds
Driving skills developed on different road types need to be adapted for the changed environment, and there are new things to learn, and skills to develop.
A Motorway Driving Course would obviously be of benefit to a recently qualified driver, but we can also give driving tuition and coaching to more experienced drivers, who may lack confidence, or perhaps just want to hone their skills further and have the reassurance that they are ‘doing it right’.
Learner Drivers On The Motorway
Since 4th June 2018 provisional driving licence holders, or learner drivers, have been allowed on motorways, but only under certain conditions.
A provisional driving licence holder can only drive on a motorway in a dual controlled car
A provisional driving licence holder can only drive on a motorway with a fully qualified Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor DVSA ADI.
The normal rules applying to provisional driving licence holders such as displaying L plates will still apply.
Motorway driving can be included in an intensive driving course when preparing for a driving test if you want, but your Worcester Intensive Driving Courses Driving Instructor will only take you onto the Motorway when they assess that you are ready to deal with Motorway Driving.
Motorway Intensive Driving Course Prices
|Intensive Motorway Driving Course||Manual||Automatic|
|1 Day Intensive Motorway Driving Course||£270.00||£300.00|
If you have not previously had driver training from Worcester Intensive Driving Courses, your driving instructor will initially assess your driving skills on non motorway roads, and for safety reasons we will only take you on the motorway once your driving instructor has deemed it to be safe.
Pages in the Full Licence Holders Driver Intensive Driving Courses Training section of the Worcester Intensive Driving Courses website:
Sections of the Worcester Intensive Driving Courses website:
- Worcester Intensive Driving Courses Home Page
- Important Information About Worcester Intensive Driving Courses
- Learning to Drive with Worcester Intensive Driving Courses
- Theory and Practical Driving Tests Guide
- Full Licence Holders Intensive Driving Courses
- Intensive Taxi Driving Courses
- Intensive Advanced, Defensive and Eco Driving
- Driving Instructor Training and Jobs
- Terms of Business
- Special Offers
- Other Resources
- Law & Documentation A Driver’s Guide
- Get In Touch with Worcester Intensive Driving Courses